CEREC reconstruction is a method used by dental professionals to restore a tooth that has been compromised by damage or decay. Utilizing advanced computer technology, a CEREC trained dentist can design and create crowns, bridges and veneers onsite allowing them to be placed in just one office visit.
While there are many advantages to CEREC technology, there are a few disadvantages you may want to consider when making a decision about your dental restorations:
- CEREC restorations may not last as long as traditional all-metal versions. Ceramic restorations are not considered as strong or resistant to fracture as other materials.
- Because the restoration is cut from a uniform block of ceramic, it is more difficult to achieve an exact color match to the surrounding natural teeth. A milled crown may not appear as natural as restorations made from other types of ceramics, making CEREC more appropriate for less visible teeth.
While disadvantages to CEREC reconstructions exist, the advantages are many. You are custom-fit with a long lasting, aesthetically attractive restoration in just one visit. A good CEREC dentist will spend the time necessary to stain and glaze the ceramic in a way that makes the restoration as natural as possible. For this reason, it is wise to do your homework and find a dentist who is well trained in CEREC technology. Because the CEREC process is highly technical, it should only be conducted by a dentist who has ample training experience with the process to ensure the results you desire.
To find out more about CEREC restorations and determine if it would be a good option for you to restore or replace old fillings, or correct damaged or uneven teeth, contact a CEREC certified dentist for a consultation.
Dr. Smith is a Fresno sedation dentist that offer CEREC
Our dental office is located in Longview
Have you ever cracked a tooth? Do you dread the thought of going through the process of getting a crown to restore the damage? CEREC, or ceramic restoration, offers technology that allows your dentist to repair your fractured tooth with a natural-looking, long-lasting crown in just one visit. The benefits of CEREC restoration are many, and the following are just a few reasons to consider a same-day crown:
- CEREC crowns are made in the office and set the same day, allowing you to save valuable time.
- Because CEREC is placed in one day, you will only need anesthesia one time.
- CEREC crowns are completely free of metals that can cause allergic reactions in some patients.
- With a CEREC crown, your dentist has complete control over the shape and fit of your tooth.
- Because the computer technology used to create CEREC restorations is so precise in determining fit, there is less need for your natural tooth to be drilled away.
- CEREC crowns have smaller gaps between surrounding teeth than traditional crowns, resulting in a smaller chance of restoration failure.
- Because the crown is placed in the same day, the need for a temporary crown is eliminated.
CEREC restorations mean you no longer have to panic when you have a dental emergency. Consult with your dentist to find out more about CEREC technology and determine if it is a good option for your dental restorations. With the help of a CEREC trained dental professional, your smile can regain both its function and beauty in just one visit.
CEREC dentist in Fresno California
Our dental office is located in Longview
More and more people are hearing about CEREC, or ceramic reconstruction, and asking their dentists about this exciting technology. It opens up a whole new way of getting restorations such as dental crowns in a much faster and more convenient method. Instead of having multiple appointments and a temporary crown, patients are able to obtain a perfectly fitting restoration in a single trip to the dentist.
CEREC incorporates advancements in technology in order to serve patients better. A high quality camera is used to take 3D photos that provide very specific measurements of the teeth and mouth. This negates the need for traditional impressions of the mouth. The data is then transferred to a computer with CAD software. It creates an exact design for the restoration, and then the information goes to a milling machine for the final product to be created out of ceramic. These technologies work together seamlessly to provide the patient with a perfect restoration to meet their specific requirements.
Perhaps the most appealing aspect about CEREC to patients is that the process takes only one appointment start to finish. Traditional crown methods could require up to a month for patients to receive their final fitting, making the need for a temporary crown while the permanent one is made. Temporary crowns don’t always fit well, can loosen or slip, and may make for an uncomfortable few weeks. CEREC’s advantage of completing everything in one day saves patients time, anxiety, and discomfort.
Patients also are thrilled with the perfect fit that CEREC crowns provide. The highly accurate technology allows the crown to be exactly what each patient needs for their restoration. There are fewer occurrences of loss or other problems in the future with CEREC, and the ceramic material used closely resemble your natural tooth’s appearance and feel.
More and more dentists are moving to CEREC technology because of the quality of the procedure and high degree of patient satisfaction. Saving a natural tooth is more enticing to patients when the process is as simple as it is with CEREC.
Schedule your appointment at our Longview dental office
Traditional crowns have been around for many years in dentistry, but CEREC technology is newer to the field. CEREC, or ceramic reconstruction, provides a perfectly fitting and attractive crown in only one visit to the dentist. In just a few hours, you can get your crown from start to finish and be able to enjoy your fully restored smile right away.
If you aren’t convinced yet, here are some reasons to consider using CEREC for your next dental crown:
- Time – Crowns made the traditional way take at least two appointments, and usually require wearing a temporary crown while the final one is made in a lab. CEREC crowns are made in a single appointment and the final restoration is placed the same day, so patients save time making only one trip to the dentist.
- No temporary crowns – CEREC completely eliminates the requirement for temporary crowns.
- Materials – CEREC crowns are made of ceramic, so there are no metals used that might bother patients with allergies.
- Anesthesia – fewer office visits means fewer shots or other types of anesthesia requirements.
- Less tooth impacts – CEREC and its high quality camera images calls for less drilling on your natural tooth than other types of crowns.
- Fewer gaps – CEREC crowns have smaller gaps between the teeth than other crowns. This allows the CEREC crown to fit more closely to the gums and result in fewer crown failures.
- Dentist control – your dentist has full control over the process and shapes your crown right in the office instead of sending the work out to a lab.
- Cost savings – CEREC crowns usually cost about the same as traditional crowns, but cost savings are incurred by spending less gas driving to multiple appointments, not missing as much work, and fewer expenses like child care.
If you need to correct a damaged tooth with a crown, a dentist qualified to use CEREC technology can make your smile look great in a shorter amount of time and with less hassles.
If you need a dentist in Longview contact us today
CEREC crowns are named for CEremic REConstruction. CEREC is a restorative dental treatment resulting from computer assisted design (CAD) and computer assisted manufacturing (CAM). This process was developed in the early 1980s at the University of Zurich by Dr. W.H. Mormann and Dr. M. Brandestini.
The process allows a cosmetic dentist to design, create and place computer-developed tooth restorations in one single dental appointment. With CEREC, there’s no need for a dental lab or multiple visits to the dentist. In use since the mid 1980s, CEREC is rapidly becoming the top-of-the-line choice for tooth restoration.
Because CEREC begins with a digital scan of the mouth, traditional goop-filled molds are not required. These trays are problematic for many patients, especially those with a delicate gag reflex, eliminating the possibility of retching and vomiting during the molding process.
CEREC crowns can help anyone who necessitates a dental crown to complete a root canal treatment or a dental bridge. CEREC allows a crown to be placed the same day as a root canal procedure, alleviating the need for a temporary crown. This can save a great deal of time for a busy patient, and a lot of anxiety for a fearful one.
CEREC teeth are extremely accurate. Because they were created with the help of an optical scan, they are more accurate than most teeth created by hand in a lab. This ensures proper fit and a long life for your crown.
If you have questions about whether or not you can benefit from CEREC technology, talk to your cosmetic dentist about this exciting advancement in dentistry. Find out how CEREC can improve your experience in the dental chair and in the future of your smile.
We look forward to seeing you in our Longview dental office
Using a 3D camera and CAD/CAM technology, CEREC creates dental restorations in one office visit instead of multiple trips or temporary fittings. Crowns, veneers, inlays and onlays are made out of ceramic and fits perfectly to renew your smile. So what does this new technology mean to you as a patient?
There is no need for trays filled with messy material used to make impressions of your mouth. In the past, this unpleasant process was required for creating restorations but CEREC uses a 3D camera instead. The camera scans your prepared tooth in just a few seconds and sends the data to a specialized computer to design your restoration.
No temporary fittings
Because CEREC restorations are created in a milling machine right there in your dentist’s office, the need for temporary restorations is eliminated. The machine quickly makes your fitting from a solid ceramic block, so the final product is ready to be placed in your mouth immediately instead of wearing an ill-fitting temporary while you wait for your real restoration to be developed in a dental lab.
Only one appointment at your dentist means you don’t have to spend extensive time in the waiting room or dental chair, or driving back and forth to multiple appointments.
Made completely from ceramic, CEREC restorations do not contain any metal. They are biocompatible and tooth-colored, matched to the exact shade you and your dentist choose together, giving you the most appealing look possible in your smile.
No wearing out
CEREC restorations are durable and long-lasting. Studies show that they are at least as durable as gold restorations, which are known to have a long lifespan. Your smile can be healthy and appealing for many years to come as a result of CEREC technology.
If you need a dentist in Longview contact us today