For people who don’t feel confident about showing their teeth when smiling, dental veneers provide a great way to restore self-esteem and quickly create beautiful smiles. No longer only for the rich and famous, the secret of transforming smiles with veneers is out for everyone to enjoy the benefits.
Veneers are thin shells that go over the front surfaces of your teeth to hide imperfections. They are customized just for you so that they look very natural and appealing. Veneers cover problems like stained, chipped, crooked, or misshapen teeth. The most common materials that veneers are made from are composite or porcelain. Here are the details about each of these types of veneers.
- Has an opaque finish, but it’s difficult to match the color of your existing tooth enamel color
- Lifespan is usually two years or less
- Susceptible to staining because of its porous characteristics
- Requires careful and consistent maintenance to keep them looking good as long as possible
- Typically lower in cost than other types of veneers
- Has an opaque finish that appears natural and coordinates well with the color and texture of existing teeth
- Lifespan is usually from five to ten years
- Does not stain
- Requires good dental hygiene for the best results
Whichever type of dental veneers you might select, chances are good that you will be glad you chose to restore your smile in this way. People won’t even realize that underneath the veneers you have crooked, discolored, uneven, or chipped teeth. Your secret will be safe, thanks to the technology of dental veneers.
Our dental office is located in Longview